Attention:

Some information about books may contain adult content. Even though we also publish Young Adult titles, parents of minors are cautioned.

Our new releases

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Genre Day: Romance - "Autumn Leaves" Excerpt

Note: Autumn Leaves is a GLBT novel with romance as the sub genre and was released on November 7th. I'm posting here for the first time, so I hope I'm doing it correctly! Comments are welcome.

 
* * * *



Excerpt:

“You told her about Nicole?” Minutes after Rebecca had left, Callie was still shaking, for several reasons. She was so lost in her own fantasy that the sound of Asha’s voice startled her badly. She was glad, though, that Asha was still here.
“No. Not yet.” Probably never.
“Damn.” Asha yawned. “Those straight girls are selfish. Their problems are always bigger.”
Callie sat on the side of the bed, leaning forward, resting her head in her hands. “Rebecca is not like that. It’s just...difficult.”
“I’d say,” Asha agreed. “I totally got it right from the beginning. She is your hot MILF neighbor.” Despite herself, Callie had to laugh. “You so got me into trouble over that.” She finally lay down beneath the covers, the whisper of fabric against her skin once again triggering the memory. Not that she had stopped thinking about it for a single moment. “It’s not that.” She felt the need to clarify. “Crap, Asha, it’s not just about that. I’m in love with her.”
“Yeah, honey, I figured that much a while ago. You know that admitting you have a problem is the first step to solve it, right?” The problem was Callie didn’t want to solve anything. She knew very well what she wanted instead: the impossible.

* * * *
 
My blog: Word Affair
 
Autumn Leaves at Eternal Press

No comments: